ページ Pages

8/02/2017

Running again and toys for motivation

I'm running again.  Still hurting.  My torn hamstring still hurts up near the sit bone.  Can you believe it? I tore them on both sides in the same area.  Also tore one down near the knee.  I am just falling apart.  満身創痍! I am supposed to be working on strengthening my core with a series of exercises that take at least 30 minutes to do, everyday.  I'm not.  I haven't been.  I'm a lazy bum who doesn't have enough will to get it done.  Then last September we took on a little baby boy to take care of.  Ever since them I have been using him as my excuse why I can't work out.

Well, no more! I can get it done.  I signed up for two half marathons and I have one more event in my sights.  The first one is really soon and I won't be able to adequately prepare for it. Regardless, it has a generous cut-off time so I'm sure I can finish it, even if I take walk breaks.  But the fear of crashing and burning and DNFing is enough motivation. I have never not finished a race, though I probably should have quit a few.

I got a new toy last Christmas for myself.  I bought a Garmin 230 running watch.  It is supposed to link to your smartphone so you can get notifications and alerts on your watch.  My wife encouraged me to get it because she says I'm forgetful and it should help. The only problem with that is that my smartphone is too old.  I was able to link it to my tablet, though.  So I can get calendar and non-sms messages sent to my watch.  BUT, for example, the calendar data is not persistent.  If you are not connected to the phone/tablet, the data won't show.  I hope they change this behaviour.  It should keep the last notification/update in memory.  

I DID get it for RUNNING, right?  Yes, of course!  And I AM running with it.  This means I don't use my phone to track my runs anymore, which means I spend less time on social running sites.  Which is a good thing. It actually helps make my life simpler in a way.


0 件のコメント: